Policies and Considerations
OUR PHILOSOPHY…we consider bringing your loved companions a PRIVILEDGE, not an entitlement. Resorts that welcome dogs are generally uncommon. The owner of The Point is a dog lover and you are the beneficiaries of that dynamic. The owner is also a lawn fanatic…enough said.
Tell us about your fur-baby…
General Practices and Considerations
We use the term Generally for a reason. We are a relatively small resort that relies on assistance and cooperation from our guests to keep everyone happy, comfortable and safe. That is part of the reason for the limitation on dog size. For example your Rottweiler, while he might be the gentlest most loving dog on the planet, might be perceived as intimidating, and as such, highly unlikely to be an approved guest.
- Not everyone is a dog lover and that sometimes requires an extra effort from the “Managing Partner”. Generally, quiet times on the resort start at around 10:00PM and daytime activities begin around 8:00AM. These times are not cast in stone, nor policed/enforced but, rather, general guidance and based on common courtesy and consideration for others.
- Generally the resort has a 3 dog limit. That sometimes varies depending on the size and breed of our dog guests. For example we have guests that visit us every summer that have 3 very small dogs. For the sake of practicality we consider this one dog.
- The maximum Dog-Guest size is <50lbs (22kg). We don’t weigh the dogs and we don’t quibble over a couple of pounds.
- All dogs have to be fully and currently vaccinated. Please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination if requested.
- It is an expectation that our guests will take their friends OFF resort property for their daily bowel functions. All guests are expected to carry Poo bags and pickup/dispose of the parcels in the appropriate waste can. There is a clearly marked receptacle at the top of the driveway.
- Poo bags are provided as a courtesy to our guests and are available free-of-charge at the main desk and around the resort.
- Generally speaking dogs have to be on a leash at all times. Pretty tough to play fetch and watch your pal swim when they are on a leashl When they are off of the leash please remain considerate and appropriate.
- When possible and practical we prefer dogs to be crated on your cabin deck or in the cabin itself. Not a requirement but certainly a preference.
- Generally guests choosing to bring a dog will occupy one of the Lakeview (upper) cabins. These cabins are air conditioned in deference to (and safety and comfort of) our 4-legged friends.
I have read and acknowledge all of the foregoing and agree to abide by the limitations and considerations therein Signed________________________Date__________________