Deposit and Cancellation Policies
Bookings of 4 nights, or less, require payment-in-full at the confirmation of booking.
Bookings of 7 nights or more require 50% deposit at the confirmation of booking
We currently accept payments and deposits in one of three ways:
- Electronic Funds Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (auto-deposit enabled, no password required)
- Credit Card via booking confirmation link emailed after booking is placed and confirmed by the resort.
- Credit Card information can be texted (not emailed under any circumstances) to 780-618-6379. Once the credit card is successfully processed the text info is permanently deleted
We require 120 days notice from the actual booking date for you to qualify for a total deposit refund, less a $150 administration fee and on very rare occasions the Credit Card commissions that the resort might be required to pay.
We don’t want your deposit; we want your business!!!
If you NEED to cancel as a result of unfortunate and uncontrollable circumstances we will probably offer to hold your deposit for a full calendar year.
Unfortunately, all other cancelations will result in forfeiture of the deposit monies.
Pets – General Practices and Considerations
We use the term Generally for a reason. We are a relatively small resort that relies on assistance and cooperation from our guests to keep everyone happy, comfortable and safe. That is part of the reason for the limitation on dog size. For example your Rottweiler, while he might be the gentlest most loving dog on the planet, might be perceived as intimidating, and as such, highly unlikely to be an approved guest.
- Not everyone is a dog lover and that sometimes requires an extra effort from the “Managing Partner”. Generally, quiet times on the resort start at around 10:00PM and daytime activities begin around 8:00AM. These times are not cast in stone, nor policed/enforced but, rather, general guidance and based on common courtesy and consideration for others.
- Generally the resort has a 3 dog limit. That sometimes varies depending on the size and breed of our dog guests. For example we have guests that visit us every summer that have 3 very small dogs. For the sake of practicality we consider this one dog.
- The maximum Dog-Guest size is <50lbs (22kg). We don’t weigh the dogs and we don’t quibble over a couple of pounds.
- All dogs have to be fully and currently vaccinated. Please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination if requested.
- It is an expectation that our guests will take their friends OFF resort property for their daily bowel functions. All guests are expected to carry Poo bags and pickup/dispose of the parcels in the appropriate waste can. There is a clearly marked receptacle at the top of the driveway.
- Poo bags are provided as a courtesy to our guests and are available free-of-charge at the main desk and around the resort.
- Generally speaking dogs have to be on a leash at all times. Pretty tough to play fetch and watch your pal swim when they are on a leashl When they are off of the leash please remain considerate and appropriate.
- When possible and practical we prefer dogs to be crated on your cabin deck or in the cabin itself. Not a requirement but certainly a preference.
Generally guests choosing to bring a dog will occupy one of the Lakeview (upper) cabins. These cabins are air conditioned in deference to (and safety and comfort of) our 4-legged friends.